Generally, communication training sessions talk about Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication, verbal being vocal & written, and non-verbal being body language, facial expressions, voice etc.
Hardly, we talk/discuss about the importance of our internal communication and its effect on our overall communication style.
We have always known that, our thoughts become are spoken words, words become our actions and actions become our reality….so to relate to the famous quote, “Our thoughts create our reality”.
So, to learn to communicate effectively with others, we first need to learn to talk to ourselves. Below mentioned steps can be followed to practice this;
1. Understand/listen to your self-talk
2. Analyse it (positive/negative)
3. Relate self-talk language with your verbal vocabulary/communication
4. Plan how and what all to change in thoughts, and practice change
5. See the impact of change of thoughts in your verbal communication
6. Analyse change, repeat.
No course/training/books/theory/videos/google content can ever make someone an effective communicator, unless and until we start to work from the roots.
Try these simple tips and do share your results, queries in the comment box.
All The Best!!!